Monday, August 3, 2015

Island Home Inspiration

-image source-

Over the last year I've been slowly painting and replacing things throughout our small island home. The walls are primarily white now and so are most of our linens, pillows, bookshelves, kitchen cabinets, dishes, couch throws, etc. Not the best color palette when you live on an island full of red volcanic dirt and a black kitty cat but I've been craving this for years. Light, white, and open were on my "must have" list and I think I've finally achieved it.
 I used a lot of wood, white marble, local beach finds, glass, luxurious scented candles and potted orchids for simple decorations. I cleared most of the clutter ( my husband's clutter of course ) with pretty storage boxes made of lauhala, woven bamboo, or aluminum from Bali. That being said, I'm really loving the clean and organized look of everything.
I'm a total minimalist but my husband is not. It's always been a battle when it comes to our living space but I think we've finally found a happy medium. It's island style without the clutter and kitsch. I'll take some pictures soon but in the meantime here's some images from my home inspiration folder.

White kitchen
e660b7c9159c6ef0f6e1b8eba1ec7442



2 comments:

  1. White walls are def the way to go! Beautiful photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic post - Great explainations and thinking.I'm looking forward to what you have for us next..!
    Agriculture Seed

    ReplyDelete