Saturday, June 20, 2015

Guilt Free Vegan Pancakes


Lately on Instagram I've been seeing loads of decadent looking vegan and gluten-free pancakes popping up all over my feed. What's up with this? So not fair.
Normally I'm not one to cave when it comes to mainstream comfort foods but when I came across THRIVINGONPLANTS  pancake recipes on Insta I finally had to give it a go. FYI - She has a blog too, Thriving on Plants
Three simple ingredients ( ground oats, banana and nut milk ) make up the base of this super easy, super delicious, perfect for Sunday brunch meal. I added a few little tweaks to Cherie's basic recipe just to give it a bit of a kick and WOW so good.
Here's a tip: For the oats flour, all I did was dump a 1.5 cups of dry quick oats in my Vitamix and gave it a whirl. Easy.


Vegan Pancakes
1.5 cups quick oats
( look for oats that are gluten free if possible )
1 ripe banana
1 cup almond milk
2 TB coconut sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 tsp cinnamon
pinch of salt
Blend all ingredients until combined in a blender. Heat non-stick skillet on medium heat. Pour 1/4 cup of batter onto skillet and cook until golden brown ( flip and repeat ). 

Topping Ideas
berries
bananas
peaches
nectarines
maple syrup
coconut syrup
hemp seeds
cacao nibs
ground flax
vegan butter

ALOHA

No comments:

Post a Comment