Saturday, April 25, 2015

Vegan Ranch Dressing


I make a nut based vegan sour cream almost weekly. It's insane! It seriously tastes and looks just like the real thing! Besides just adding it to my Mexican inspired salads and vegan tacos, I've been mixing it into soups and salad dressings when I want something rich and creamy. 
I was craving ranch dressing big time the other day as I watched a friend devouring pizza with the devil sauce drizzled all over it. Ugh, it was absolute torture. What is it about creamy dressings like blue, Caesar and ranch? So yum...
  I didn't cave though. The ingredients used to make traditional ranch dressings are loaded with cancer causing, heart stopping saturated fats and loads of animal cruelty. I won't go there anymore so I had to come up with something to replace it. This is really really close to the real deal! Give it a try!

Vegan Ranch Dressing
-makes about 1.75 cups-

1 cup vegan sour cream ( recipe below )
1/4 cup to 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk ( to make a thicker or thinner dressing )
2 TB lemon juice
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp cracked pepper
1/4 tsp dried dill
2 TB fresh chopped parsley
2 TB chopped green onions

Vegan Sour Cream
-makes about 1.5 cups-
1 cup unsalted cashews soaked in water overnight ( drained )
juice of 1 lemon
2 tsp apple cider vinegar
10 TB cold water
pinch of sea salt
Blend in a highspeed blender until very smooth.
Recipe adapted from HERE



ALOHA

1 comment:

  1. I'm not really a huge ranch fan but this sounds amazing. I'll have to try soon!

    ReplyDelete