Saturday, April 4, 2015

Ho'okipa

{ mermaid tidepool }

We have so many incredible beaches on Maui but Ho'okipa has got to be my favorite. Located right off the Hana Highway on Maui's north shore, Ho'okipa is backed by fields of sugar cane instead of high rise big box hotels. For me, this is a must.
Every week, I drive over to the north shore to do my grocery shopping at the farmer's markets and Mana Foods. Afterwards, I stop at Maui Kombucha to buy several quarts and then I will usually head over to Ho'okipa. I keep an ice cooler in my car so I can do this and keep my groceries cold. It's become my favorite weekly routine.
I bring my surfboard, free diving fins, and my beach bag and just make a day of it. Ho'okipa host more of a local crowd. Lots of families, babies, and very fit girls sporting teeny tiny bikinis. Carlos likes to come with me too. Ha!
 The sand is golden, the water is a clear turquoise, and inevitably a bunch of sea turtles show up on the south end of the cove.

I absolutely love this place.


{ sleeping Hawaiian Monk seal }

{ waiting for his human } 



{ turtle town }

{ Keiki playing outside and not on a tablet. Such a rarity these days }

ALOHA

No comments:

Post a Comment