Monday, March 9, 2015

Orange Sesame and Ginger Dressing


Over the last few months I've been trying to cut oil from my diet. Instead, I've been trying to stick to whole fats like avocado, nuts, seeds and coconut meat. The most challenging part for me was trying to replace my favorite oil laden salad dressings. 
After many trials and errors, I was finally able to come up with some pretty awesome no-oil and low-oil staples. I eat a ton of salad, and this orange sesame and ginger dressing has been on heavy rotation these days.

Orange Sesame and Ginger Dressing
-vegan and gluten free-

1 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
1/4 cup seasoned rice wine vinegar
2 tsp sesame oil
4 tsp tamari
1 garlic cloves
1/2" fresh ginger
small handful of cilantro
small handful of Thai basil
2 green onion stalks

Blend everything in a high speed blender until smooth. Makes about 1 and 1/2 cups.

Note//  sometimes I'll add two to three tablespoons of my favorite vegan sour cream to this recipe to make a deliciously creamy slaw dressing as well. So good!



ALOHA!



No comments:

Post a Comment