Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Hawaiian Pineapple + Lilikoi Hot Sauce


We grow pineapple, hot chili peppers and lilikoi vines in our backyard year round. Pineapple can take up to 18 months to mature so I have a hard time just juicing our homegrown ones. Every time one is ready to harvest, I try to think of something special to do with it. 
Hot sauce was the destiny for this little Maui Gold. Definitely making this again!

Pineapple and Lilikoi Hot Sauce

1.5 cups ripe cubed pineapple
2 TB lilikoi juice ( passion fruit ) or another fruit juice
1/4 cup seasoned rice wine vinegar 
1 clove raw garlic
1 tsp macadamia nut oil ( or another mild tasting oil )
1-2 Thai chilies ( or whatever hot chili you like or can handle )
1/4 tsp sea salt

Blend all ingredients in a high speed blender until completely smooth.

I finished this serving within 4 days because I put it on EVERYTHING. My guess is that this should last at least a week due to the high vinegar and salt content. Let me know if you have different results.


The hot sauce was really good on my Mexican salad!

Really good vegan "sour cream" recipe HERE

ALOHA

No comments:

Post a Comment