Saturday, February 28, 2015

Chocolate-Cinnamon Almond Milk


Lately I've been experimenting quite a bit with making nut "milks". I used to buy pre-made box versions of milks for years before finally attempting to make my own. I was never much of a dairy milk drinker ( even before going vegan ) however adding almond or hemp milk to smoothies can really add some depth.

This is not a smoothie though. This is a delicious, creamy, chocolaty pressed milk that my omnivore husband goes completely cray over. First, I use a mesh nut milk bag to make the almond "milk". Then, I dump the rest of the ingredients in my Vitamix and blend until completely smooth. If you have a blender like a Vitamix, you can blend this for several minutes to heat it up if you prefer. Personally, I like it chilled in the fridge. Enjoy!

Chocolate - Cinnamon Almond Milk

-makes about 18 oz-

2 cups almond milk
( I blended 2 cups cold water with 1/4 cup almonds. Strain through a nut milk bag )
1 TB raw cacao power ( or carob )
1 tsp lucuma powder
1/4 tsp vanilla powder ( or liquid vanilla )
3 seeded Medjool dates
1 tsp local raw honey ( or another vegan sweetener like agave )
1 tsp hemp seeds
1/4 tsp cinnamon
pinch of sea salt

Blend, Blend, Blend!

ALOHA

No comments:

Post a Comment