Thursday, November 6, 2014

Spicy Pear Juice


Love all the fall fruits popping up everywhere. It always feels like a treat to see pomegranates, fresh dates, persimmons, and tons of pears in the grocery stores on my tropical island. As much as I love our local exotics, it's always nice to experiment a couple of months of the year with some seasonal fruit from elsewhere.

I just returned from Kauai and got super inspired to start juicing ( a lot ) again after I ran into Kauai Juice Co.  What an incredible thing they got going on over there on the Garden Isle! I'll do a post on this little Kapaa gem soon.

One of our favorite blends from the Kauai Juice Co, was a seasonal pear + cinnamon + maca juice. This was sweet, spicy and very warming. Everything I love about food during the fall season.
Anyway, I couldn't wait to make a cold-pressed pear juice myself. 

The Spicy Pear
makes 2 - 16 oz juices
I used an Omega Vert 350 juicer for this recipe.

5 large organic pears
1" sliced fresh ginger
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp vanilla powder

Divide and place cinnamon and vanilla powder at the bottom of 2-16 oz jars. Juice pears and ginger. Fill jars until about 1/3 full, Twist on lid and shake until powered spices have blended with the juice. Fill jars with the remaining juice and shake again. 
Fresh cold-pressed juices should keep up to 72hrs in the fridge.

ALOHA

No comments:

Post a Comment