Friday, August 29, 2014

What's in my Beach Bag


When it comes to packing for the beach, I consider myself an expert ( not so much when I'm packing for a Mainland trip! Ha! ) Over the years I've managed to figure out what exactly I need for a beach day. And I have a lot of beach days. I honestly head out to the beach at least 3-5 times a week, sometimes more.  Now, this can mean under an hour or all day long depending on the surf conditions, the tides, wind conditions, unexpected rain showers ( this happens a lot in Hawaii ), murky water, or work ( oh ya, that too ) And I go to the beach year round. Yep, I mean... that IS the big reason why I moved here 16 years ago! 
One of the strangest things about living in Hawaii is sun guilt. I've heard people joke about it but it's real! I honestly look forward to stormy weather ( umm rare! ) just so I can get stuff done around the house! Bathrooms don't clean themselves, laundry still needs to be done, the cat has to get fed etc.
This life...it's a difficult balance I tell you.

So whats in my bag !?

Beach Bag// JCrew
Lip moisturizer//Sugar Fresh lip color in Honey SPF 15 ( I like Rose too )
Sunscreen// For the body - waterproof Hawaiian Tropic Sheer Touch Ultra Radiance SPF 30
For the face//Neutragena Dry-Touch SPF 55
Sunnies// Oliver Peoples
Watch// Swatch ( similar here )
Fins// Kicks by DaFin Hawaii
Swimming Goggles// TYR Polarized Special OPS 2.0 ( I have in white too )
Turkish Cotton Beach Throw// purchased at Imrie in Paia, Maui. I flip between this and one of my beloved Pendleton Towels.
iPhone// for some tunes

Not pictured// a big ass jar of Maui Kombucha and some sort of hat!

I also bring my one of my surfboards and SUP+Paddle, always. Sometimes they stay on top of the car but a lot of times they don't!

BTW
I'm always looking for suggestions when it comes to sunscreen for my face! If you have any good ones I would love to know! I need waterproof obvis...

ALOHA

No comments:

Post a Comment