Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Napili, Maui


Lately, as soon as my workweek ends I cannot wait to get over to the otherside of the island. The craziness of the summer crowds this year have driven me deep into the jungles of Haiku and the wind swept beaches of Maui's Northshore. I'd be lying if I didn't admit that I might be a wee bit excited that Labor Day is just around the corner. For someone who once upon a time dreamed about living in an Endless Summer, I now crave rainy days, long shadows, and early sunsets. Fall is beautiful in Hawaii and winter I like even more. I'm looking forward to the ( small ) change. I'm sure my crispy skin will be thanking me.
Today I was feeling a bit lazy and didn't feel like making the 1+ hour drive to the country for kombucha and window shopping. Instead, Carlos and I headed up to Napili Bay to take a dip in the crystalline waters that hug our own neighborhood. I think staying home paid off this time...


Great breakfast and best Happy Hour on island. The Seahouse sits right on Napili Bay




Carlos and his green DaFins

Swim Fins// Kicks by DaFin

ALOHA

Photos by myself and Carlos Barberis

No comments:

Post a Comment