Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Gluten Free Vegan Update

You can image how many times I hear, "Well, then what the hell do you eat??" When people hear I'm a gluten free vegan. So here are some iPhone pics of some recent grabs while out and about. It's nice to see that I can easily find delicious options outside my own kitchen. 

"The Fruit and Coconut Cream Parfait" from Maui Kombucha in Haiku. This is raw vegan and incredibly decadent. I try so stay away from too much overt fat in my diet but some of MK's raw treats are too hard to pass up.

Sweet locally made Kombucha on tap from the Farmer's Market in Honokowai ( Pineapple-Ginger pictured above ). I know there's a pretty big debate regarding the health benefits of kombucha on the internet these days. Some say it's a potent health elixir while others are claiming that it's not good for you at all. Personally, I'm really liking it and I feel great after drinking it so that settles it for me.

The "Nuka Bowl" from Haiku's new Japanese restaurant Nuka. Oh my gosh this place is amazing!! I am so incredibly bummed that it is over an hour from our house because I think we would easily go once a week! Carlos took me here last week for my birthday dinner and EVERYTHING we had was absolutely fantastic. The "Nuka Bowl" was stuffed steamed rice, blackened tofu, cucumbers, carrots, onions, cabbage, mint, Thai basil, sesame seeds and peanuts. This was topped with a sweet lime and sesame dressing.

My raw vegan coconut lime birthday cake from Maui Kombucha.

These little Tofu/Avocado Sushi rolls from Mana Foods are turning into the best $5 lunch on island. I love grabbing these and a green juice before heading down to Ho'okipa to read on the beach when it's too big to surf.

Post lunch, LOVE my Acacia bikinis and Pendleton Towels!

Another favorite from Maui Kombucha...Raw vegan Pad Thai.

Raspberry Fizz Kombucha

New discovery today at the famous Seahouse Happy Hour! Vegan and gluten free sushi rolls! These were made with quinoa, pineapple, avocado, Molokai sweet potato, pohole ferns and red pepper. This also came with a tiny side of Thai green papaya salad, avocado and a sweet Asian vinaigarette for $6!

One more thing! I thought I'd include a pic from the end of my run. This is across the street from my house. Pretty amazing. These days I'm running about 3-5 miles pretty consistantly about 4-5 times a week. I'm really liking it.

See you soon! 

ALOHA

1 comment:

  1. ah coconut cream, yummie,.. I found it while im on vacation at Maui it's very tasty... I love it and great blog you have here.

    ReplyDelete