Thursday, January 30, 2014

Juicing


Been on a major juice kick lately. So much so that I think I'm about to retire my trusty Breville Juicer and finally buy the Omega VRT 350. I think in the long run I'll save $$$ because the Omega can extract so much more juice than my old Breville. Just hard to spend another $350 ( plus ) dollars on another appliance but like my Vitamix, I know I won't regret it. As for my favorite homemade juices, I actually prefer green juices ( kale, spinach, celery ) that have a punch of citrus and that are not too sweet.

Favorite Green Lemonade
- makes about 16oz-

2 cucumbers
2 celery stalks
1 lemon ( peeled )
1 apple
1/2 bunch of kale or spinach ( about 2-3 cups )
1" fresh ginger ( optional )

Besides juicing my own fruit and veggies I've been indulging in some cold pressed juices from Suja and from a local vendor called, Glow Juice Maui. These are both fantastic and perfect for when I just don't have the time to whip out the juicer.

Tons of lilikoi from our yard this season!

100% Pure homegrown lilikoi juice. I used a nutmilk cloth to strain the seeds. Pure lilikoi juice is very strong so I've been freezing it in ice cube trays for smoothies or mixing it with juiced pineapple and oranges. 

Love Suja's Green Juices.

All local...abiu, starfruit, sapodilla, manderins, meyer lemons, and banana

An occasional non-green  smoothie made with lilikoi, banana, Kua oranges, and ice.


ALOHA

No comments:

Post a Comment