Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Homemade Larabars

I love Larabars and I've been meaning to make a homemade version forever. Here on Maui, Larabars cost about $3 a pop so I figured it would be a whole lot less expensive ( and easy ) to make them at home.
I was right....Larabars for the most part have only 2 main ingredients, dates and nuts. Additional flavoring can be added with all sorts of things like dried fruit, coconut flakes, and cacao.
For the yummy Larabars I made this morning I searched the blogsphere to find a recipe. Sure enough, Angela from "Oh She Glows" had posted a great Larabar recipe! The bars are delicious and super easy to make.
Next time I think I'm going to sub the vegan chocolate bits for dried mango just to see what that would be like? Like a raw vegan Larabar? What do you think?
 Check out here her Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough "Larabars" HERE
 
ALOHA!


No comments:

Post a Comment