Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Getting Creative

{ vegan wontons and brussel sprouts }
 
The week before leaving on a multi-week vacation I stop grocery shopping and start making interesting meals out of what we have left. Funny thing is, this is usually when I come up with some really great spontaneous dishes that end up being new favorites once we get back home.
 
Pictured above is a plate of roasted brussel spouts that I later sprinkled with furikake flakes ( so good ) along with some baked wontons made with a healthy filling of organic spinach, soybeans, shiitake mushrooms, ginger, garlic and some aromatic Asian herbs from our garden. I have to say, I'll be making this again. I made about 30 wontons and ended up freezing half the of the uncooked batch for another night. Packages of wontons wrappers are a staple in my freezer because you can basically fill them with anything. You can baked them, fry, steam or even boil them. Gotta love that...
 
Aloha!


No comments:

Post a Comment