Friday, December 7, 2012

Daydreaming

I'm sooooo ready for a vacation.
Yes, I live in Hawaii but I still daydream of getting away from it all just like everyone else does.
I just finalized the last little details of our next big trip ( set for April, 2013! ) and it got me thinking about all the amazing places I've been in my life.
 
Here's a quick list of my absolute standout favorite places, eats and memories.
 

1. Spending hours doing absolutely nothing at Sails Restaurant on Rarotonga in The Cook Islands.

2. My daily walk from Queenscliff down to Manly Beach in NSW, Australia

3. Kayaking around the motus off Moorea, French Polynesia

4. King Street at night in Charleston, South Carolina

5. Eating Key Lime Pie at the Oyster Bar in Siesta Key, Florida

6. Seeing the green hills, the sheep, the surf and the rugged coast of Ranglan, New Zealand

7. Just about everything in and around Byron Bay, Australia

8. The desert just north of Santa Fe, New Mexico

9. The approach into Bora Bora, French Polynesia. Truly amazing.

10. Watching spontaneous tango dancing in San Telmo, Argentina.

11. Driving through Baja with truck full of surfboards while in college.

12. My frequent drives down California's Highway 101. Especially the areas between Paso Robles and Oxnard.

13. Porch dining in Fernandina Beach, Florida

14. Walking through the Spanish Moss on Halloween night in Savannah, Georgia.

14. Seeing Mount Rainer from the sky at dawn over Washington State. 

15. Snorkeling off the international runway in Pago Pago, American Samoa

16. Sleepy little Isla Mujeres, Mexico circa '94.

17. The pure white sand of Whitehaven Beach in The Whitsundays

18. Watching 70 Ft + Peahi ( Jaws ) break off Maui.

19. Diving The Great Barrier Reef

20. Finally seeing the Na Pali Coast on Kauai.


After our trip back to French Polynesia this spring I hope to add Bali and Cape Town South Africa next. Any other suggestions?
 
ALOHA

1 comment:

  1. Awesome list- never been to Australia but would love to go someday!

    ReplyDelete