Friday, November 16, 2012

Vegan Mushroom Hot Pot Soup

I'm always on the hunt for Asian inspired soup recipes and I think I found another winner!
Check out this delicious vegan Mushroom Hot Pot Soup from the blog, Post Punk Kitchen.
So good! It reminds me of a creamy Pho.
I did make some minor changes to the original recipe ( 4 kaffir lime leaves instead of lemongrass, an extra half of lime, another 1/2 tsp of hot chili flakes, an extra good pinch of sea salt and 1 Tb agave nectar for a touch of sweetness ) However these additions were not completely necessary. For toppings I used, grilled organic sprouted extra firm tofu, Thai basil, and cilantro.
I would imagine this would make a perfect cold weather lunch or dinner if you live in that sort of climate this winter.
 
 
ALOHA


No comments:

Post a Comment