Monday, September 10, 2012

Revisiting Leoda's

Aloha! As I mentioned earlier this week, our kitchen is in the middle of a big remodel. As a result, canned soup and simple meals out have become the new norm. After a failed attempt at a sunset surf session last night ( still no waves to speak of ) we decided to make the most of our wasted gallon of gas and head over to Leoda's Kitchen and Pie Shop for dinner.
We've been to Leoda's several times over the last year and love it. I'm always trying new things on the menu but Carlos ALWAYS gets the Seared Ahi Sandwich. He's claiming, "Best Fish Sandwich Ever". Yep, EVER. It's just something about the sashimi grade tuna and pesto combo apparently. Well, I guess I'll have to take his word for it 'cuz I ain't trying...
 
My custom vegetarian sandwich: Leoda's homemade Butter Bread, tomatoes, butter lettuce, cucumbers, carrots, Maui onions, avocado, and garlic aioli.
 
Yummy fries I shared with Carlos served with garlic aioli. I quickly doused these with about a cup of sriracha of course.
 
Carlos's Seared Ahi Sandwich: Leoda's homemade Rye, sashimi grade Ahi, avocados, Jarlsberg cheese, local basil pesto, caramelized Maui onions, watercress and garlic aioli.
 
Happy Boy!
 
I was DYING for a bite of their famous Banana Cream Pie but I was just way to full.
Next time!
 
Aloha from Maui!
 


2 comments:

  1. I just wanted to let you know how much I enjoy your blog! I've noticed that you don't get many comments, but please know that I read every single post. I love learning about your life on Maui!!

    Megan <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awe thank you:) Ya, I'm pretty lazy when it comes to "marketing" my blog. I just like to write, eat and take pretty pictures. I'm surprised I have as many followers as I do....Anyway, thank you for reading...and commenting. Aloha from Maui!

    ReplyDelete