Sunday, July 29, 2012

Creamy Cucumber Gazpacho

I few weeks ago I had a delicious creamy gazpacho at Pineapple Grill in Kapalua. Ever since then I've been having intense cravings for the decadent cold and creamy dish!
I believe the restaurant used either creme fresh or sour cream to give their gazpacho it's rich feel? I however used a thick Greek yogurt to add the depth I needed without the added fat. It turned out perfectly!

Creamy Cucumber Gazpacho
-vegetarian-
serve 4
3 peeled hothouse cucumbers
1 large chopped yellow Bell pepper
1/2 cup cilantro
1 small shallot
1 garlic clove
3 Tbs fresh squeezed lime juice
1 tsp champagne vinegar ( or any sort of white wine vinegar )
1 tsp agave syrup
1 tsp salt ( or more after blending and tasting )
3/4 cup non-fat or 2% Greek yogurt ( like Fage )
1 small serrano chili ( optional for heat! )

Place all ingredients in a highspeed blender and blend until smooth.
 (adjust saltiness if need be)
 Serve very cold.
-recipe was loosely based on Gourmet Magazine's, "Creamy Cucumber Gazpacho" Aug 2001-

Top with chopped cilantro, chives, and macadamia nut oil.
So good....

ALOHA

No comments:

Post a Comment