Friday, March 23, 2012

Pop of Color


I hated the styles of the 1980s. I remember them clearly and always cringed when they creep back into current fashion. Shoulder pads, hard make-up, big hair, pegged jeans and acid washed everything please please stay back in 1985 where you belong.....I'm the kind of girl that loves white, beige, charcoal gray and black. I love the styles of the 40s and 50s, Jack Roger Sandals, Louis Vuitton, bohemian glam, and absolutely anything Miranda Kerr, Diane Von Furstenberg, or what Jackie O would throw together.

However...

 I've been gravitating towards harsh bright neon these days? Wait, whaaaaa???

Yes. It's true. But only paired with neutral. AND only one neon piece at a time thank you very much.

So today I picked up these fantastic neon yellow slippers at F21 along with this fabulous bright trench coat.

 Wait... a trench coat on Maui?

Of course not, silly.

This is for my trip to the Mainland in April. I'm thinking San Francisco and Seattle are the perfect cities to sport fluorescent orange. Don't you think?? Even Carlos commented on how it would be hard to loose me in the fog now....I sooo agree.

ALOHA!

1 comment:

  1. love it!
    I love just a teeny tiny punch of neon too, and I think the trench and flip flops are so fun!

    ReplyDelete