Sunday, February 5, 2012

Superbowl Sunday

My team got ousted by the NY Giants 2 weeks ago in the NFC Championship Game and I've been a bit bitter ever since. Actually, I've been a bit bitter since 1990 when it happened the first time. I was at that game. Joe Montana was playing. He got hurt. I think that might have been his last game as a Niner? It was truly a sad sad day at "The Stick". I totally remember crying walking back to our car.

So with the Niners out and the Steelers long gone ( a little team I adopted in the early 2000s ) I naturally had little interest in who actually won the game today. But even if your team is out it's always fun to have a reason hang out with friends, have a few drinks, eat a bunch of junk, make fun of the half time show and rate the wacky commericals. Every year seems to get bigger and better and I have to admit, I'm a bit bummed that the season is over. At least I "get" football. I mean, I was a cheerleader after all for about 8 years of my youth. I did pick up some of it. Basketball though? Ewe.

So speaking of wacky commericals....
My favorite ( actually my only ) brother-in-Law, Eron  ( Eza ) Broughton ( an advertising creative in Los Angeles ) had a couple of big ads during today's game! Who doesn't like watching Superbowl commericals? Always fun right! And winning best Superbowl Commerical is almost as important as winning the game. Haha!

You can vote for Eza's spot, "KIA, A Dream Car, For Real" HERE.

Thanks for the votes!!!

Can't wait 'til next season! Taj is going to have a red and gold 49ner sweater to wear on game days. He can't wait! Just you watch!! 



No comments:

Post a Comment