Sunday, January 29, 2012

Over the Weekend

{ Pohaku Park }
Lots of hazy no wind days this week which is GREAT for surfing but horrible for air quality. The VOG was relentless all week and my sinuses were out of control. Good thing salt water is a remarkable inexpensive decongestant! I surfed five days in a row at my beloved Pohaku Park in Kahana where the surf ranged from 2 feet to perfect head high peeling lefts.  I love being able to walk to my surf spot. No need to waste gas right?
We also made a couple trips up to Honolua Bay. It was beautifully clean and glassy as usual. Great place to take pictures of the whales too. They are EVERYWHERE right now. I love...
{ 8'8" Kazuma }

{ straw hat-Oxbow }

{ "S-Turns" }

{ Plumerias blown to the sand by the very light tradwinds...}



{ Acacia Bikini - La Cantik Boheme }

{ The Bay }

{ Humpbacks! }


{ Going left at "The Cave". }

{ The Wait }

{ Honolua Palms }

ALOHA!

3 comments:

  1. Wow...look at that bikini girl...wowsa - so cool. Your body is banging... So happy you have been having awesome surf lately..not so awesome the air quality is crappy right now. I would LOVE to see those whales - how neat is that??? You enjoy your surroundings...i love that!
    xoxo from Trinidad

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful! So jealous!! Not such great weather here in Cleveland, Ohio :(

    I can't remember how I found your blog, but I've been reading for over a year. My husband and I honeymooned on Maui in 2001 and have been dying to get back ever since. I love to "re-visit" each week through your pictures and words.

    Keep up the amazing blog!

    Megan

    ReplyDelete
  3. how awesome that you get to see WHALES!!!! beautiful pictures -

    Amy

    ReplyDelete