Monday, December 12, 2011

Over the weekend....

I've been so busy lately....
Sorry.
Between work, surf, and the holidays I barely have time for much else. To top everything, debit/credit card service went out today island wide as well as the internet and cell service. This is soooo Maui.
Awesome. So now what?
 I couldn't surf because I worked all day ( yes, I work on the weekends ) and a crazy winter like storm was hitting the island ( so what else is there to do here?)
Make something sweet and fattening obviously. I mean really... I still had electricity after all, right?
Sorry to be so redundant but all I did was take the Pumpkin Cupcake recipe from last month and make them into a decadent single layer cake instead.
Why?
Because I was out of cupcake papers. Duh.
But guess what? It was freaking phenomenal.....
So much so that I think I might like the cake version even better than the cupcake version.
All you need to do it take this recipe HERE and pour it into a round cake tin instead of a cupcake tin ( I used a 9" spring form pan ) and bake at 350 for 30-35 minutes ( or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean ). I topped this cake with a combination of roasted chopped hazelnuts and walnuts.
Ridiculous.
Give it a go. I think you'll love it too..
Happy winter everyone...

1 comment:

  1. I've been running into that too busy lately issue myself too. Between the holidays, caring for a 3 year old, working full time, flying to Jersey for a week at a time (blaaa!), trying to buy gifts and make gifts (making mustard) and volunteering for the farm, there barely seems a spare minute to blog!

    ReplyDelete