Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Kitchen Staples

I have a few staples in my kitchen that I absolutely cannot live without. I'm sure you know what I mean....
Here's my list!
Sriracha: This stuff is nothing less than amazing. I use it as a dipping sauce, in curries, on sandwiches, in rice dishes and in soups. Sriracha is the quickest and cheapest way to add a bit of zing and heat to just about anything.

Goat Cheese: My most favorite dairy product out there. Not only is the lactose in goat milk lower than cow milk but it's taste and texture is so extremely versatile. I use goat cheese in pasta, on pizza, as a spread and even in dessert. I absolutely love this stuff!

Lemons: I put lemon juice on and in just about everything! It's fantastic in savory or sweet dishes. It cuts richness and adds that essential tangy/sour element to so many different recipes. Lemons have incredible health benefits as well....They are extremely alkalizing, low in calories and high in vitamin C. Awesome! 

Vanilla Paste: It's worth the price. This stuff is decadent! I add this to smoothies, ice creams, galettes, and just about anything else that screams for a sweet vanilla afterthought.

Maldon Sea Salt: I could go on and on about salt.....My pantry is stocked with all sorts of fancy salts from all over the world but if I had to choose one, this would be it. Maldon Sea Salt. Amazing on bruschetta, pizza, pasta, and Hawaiian poi. Again, worth the extra expense. Always.

Hot Pepper Flakes: Like lemons, I put hot pepper flakes on everything. It's a great way to add quick heat to just about anything. I love!

So, what are your kitchen staples???

ALOHA!



3 comments:

  1. hey, where do you get your goat cheese? is it from Mana's or Whole Foods or possibly Costco? we used to live on Maui but now reside on O'ahu and i found your blog via google. i look forward to your response. thanks in advance. with aloha from your fan in Honolulu

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aloha, I LOVE Surfing Goat Dairy's Goat Cheese but these days I've been buying all my cheeses from Costco. It's just hard to beat their prices. Mahalo for commenting :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. First off...your pictures, just gorgeous! I can't get enough of their simplistic elegance.

    I also love knowing what your kitchen necessities are, VERY similar to mine...goat cheese and sriracha for sure.

    ReplyDelete