Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Curried Sweet Potatoes with Mango Chutney

How about adding a little twist to your sweet potato dish this Thanksgiving?

I found this recipe way back in the November 2009 issue of, "The Food Network Magazine". Why I waited two years to try it is beyond me....

Curried Sweet Potatoes with Mango Chutney
-vegetarian-
Roast 2 pounds of sweet potatoes at 400 degrees for 1 hour  ( or until tender ). Halve, then scoop out flesh.
With a potato masher, mash potatoes and then mix in....
1 Tb curry powder
4 Tbs of salted butter ( I used 2 Tbs of coconut oil instead )
3 Tbs Greek Yogurt
3 Tbs mango chutney
I also added a pinch of salt and a pinch of hot chili flakes to the original recipe.
Top with toasted coconut flakes and enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. I love chutney! I am addicted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds so dee-lish!!! Thank you so much for posting this. I love the unique flavors. I will try this very soon!

    ReplyDelete