Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Thai Coconut Ice Cream

Carlos is a bit obsessed with the Fried Bananas and Coconut Ice Cream served at Thai Chef so I decided it was high time to try and make my own. After searching several websites I finally stumbled upon this little gem HERE. However, since I have a hard time leaving anything "as is" I decided to jazz my version up a bit with some authentic Asian infusions...
Check it out!

Thai Coconut Ice Cream
-vegan-
3 cups full fat organic coconut milk ( not the sweetened kind )
3/4 cups of water
1/2 cup sugar
1" fresh ginger minced
a couple of torn Keffir Lime leaves ( or 2" smashed lemongrass )
squeeze of lime
2 Star Anise pods ( optional )
Bring sugar and water to a boil over med/high heat. Reduce heat to simmer, add ginger, leaves, lime juice and anise and stir until sugar has melted. Remove from heat and cool. Strain sugar water, toss spices then add cooled sugar water to coconut milk. Stir until well combined and place in fridge until chilled. Add to ice cream maker and process according to directions.




So Good!

ALOHA

2 comments:

  1. Just found your site. I like what I see here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to try this! I usually pick up Luna & Larry's Coconut Bliss at the store. But this sounds too delicious to pass up! XO

    ReplyDelete