Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Raw Apple Crumble a la mode with Carmel Sauce

I love Fall foods. Even out here in Hawaii it's nice to see squash, pumpkins, quince, pomegranates, and pears turning up in the the grocery stores once again. So lately I've been making a ton of Fall inspired dishes because the inspiration never seems to stop. Even if I can't find canned pumpkin puree on Maui to save my life!
Oh well....
So here's my latest raw vegan attempt at a Fall inspired dessert...
Raw Apple Crumble a la mode with Carmel Sauce

This was incredible!
The crumble recipe comes from the awesome blog, "Sweetly Raw" so please check it out HERE
But the ice cream and carmel sauce are my own creations!

 Vanilla and Coconut Ice Cream
-raw vegan-
3 cups pure coconut milk
2 tsp non-alcoholic vanilla extract
1/3 to 1/2 cup raw agave syrup ( the light colored agave is best for this )
Shake all ingredients together in a large Mason jar and store in the refrigerator until chilled. Once chilled, pour into ice cream maker and process according to manufactures instructions.

Carmel Sauce  
-raw vegan-
4 very soft Medjool dates
1/4 cup raw agave syrup
1 tsp non-alcoholic vanilla extract
1 Tb coconut oil or butter
1/2 tsp mesquite powder ( I used the brand Navitas Naturals )
generous pinch of salt.
Blend in a highspeed blender until very smooth and well combined. Feel free to add a tablespoon or two of water to thin out the carmel sauce.
Oh and by the way....the carmel sauce is ridiculous. It's so real tasting that I'll probably never be tempted to make the real thing again. Why bother with butter and cream if you don't have to right?
Hope you enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. That looks sooo yum.

    Ps - you should check out my blog today. Something for ya.

    ReplyDelete