Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Mexican Creamed Corn

I've been stupid busy these days...
I'm not kidding. I'm in my third week of training for my new job and the last thing I want to do when I get home is cook!
So, Lucky for me, I discovered this totally quick and easy recipe in this month's "Whole Living" magazine!
FYI-Don't worry if you don't have fresh corn on hand ( like me ) because the canned stuff works just fine.
Check this out!

Mexican Creamed Corn
-vegetarian-
serves 4
 from "Whole Living"
2 Tbs extra-virgin olive oil
1 jalapeno, finely chopped
1 shallot, finely chopped
4 ears of fresh corn and pulp scraped ( or 2, 15 oz cans of corn, drained ) 
1 cup water
1/2 cup low-fat plain yogurt
3 Tbs feta
2 Tbs chopped cilantro
salt and pepper to taste
In a medium sauce pan, heat oil. Then, add shallot and jalapeno and saute for 2-3 minutes. Next, add corn and water and cook over medium heat for about 5-7 minutes. Remove from heat, add yogurt and stir until combined. Add salt and pepper to taste and serve with feta cheese and chopped cilantro. This is great with tortilla chips btw.....

Mmmmmmm.....
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment