Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Maui Kombucha

Carlos and I finally checked out Maui Kombucha! I have no idea why I didn't know about this place until now? It's actually been open since 2008! Jeez....
Anyway, Maui Kombucha is a fantastic little kombucha, exlixir and raw food bar hidden ( behind the Haiku Town Center ) on Kokomo Road in Haiku.
Just in case you didn't know, kombucha is an effervescent fermented beverage drank for it's health benefits. Kombucha is believed to help boost your immune system as well as create overall balance in the body. Honestly, I just think it tastes yummy and that's why I drink it!

So, after a few samples of today's kombucha selection we chose the "Ginger Mandarin" in a nice "take away" quart size. This was perfectly sweet and fizzy!

{We also sampled a delicious "Lilikoi" kombucha as well as a kombucha made from Ginger flowers! So interesting!}

We were hungry too. So I couldn't resist grabbing a few things out of the deli case.
Check them out!
{ Today's special: "Pasta Primavera" with jicama, zucchini, lettuce, asparagus and raw marinara sauce. This was actually prepared fresh when ordered and it was excellent!! }

{ "Tropical Tosada" with lettuce, cabbage, spicy taco "meat", guacamole, and tomatoes from the "take away" deli case. }

{ "Haiku Lemon Pie" made with cashews, coconut, Irish moss, lemons, vanilla bean and more from the "take away" deli case. This was incredible!! One of the best raw desserts I've ever had! So light and refreshing!}

This place was awesome! We will definitely be back!!

Check out Maui Kombucha's Facebook page here
for their updated "menu of the day".
810 Kokomo Road #136
Haiku, Maui, HI 96708

ALOHA!

5 comments:

  1. Still haven't tried Kombucha - I heard its smelly...is it?

    xoxo from Trinidad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow I wish we had one of those here. In the area I live it is mainly focused on meat...there is a BBQ place around every corner.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love the food pics! I been drinking kombucha on and off! I even tried to make my own with success 2x and the rest of the time failure don't know what I did wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  4. everything form the deli case looks like it would be incredible! hope you had a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just found your site through Meg from Cooking in College and wow your photos are fabulous!! I'm a new follower, can't wait to read more!! All the best ~Megan from Wanna Be A Country Cleaver

    ReplyDelete