Thursday, September 1, 2011

Carrot Ginger Dressing

I'm crazy busy this week training for a new job! So bear with me...
I have every intention to post daily but if I happen to skip, at least you know why.
Training will last 3 weeks. On top of this I'm totally out with strep throat ( awesome...can't really call in sick while in training. duh. ) AND to top it off, the south swell of the summer showed up yesterday ( Seriously? WTF). The surf is soooooo good that Carlos cleared his schedule and got up the last two days at 5 am to catch it. Honestly, I'm not that bitter. I'd just wish he'd take the garbage out...or clean the litter box...or ( oh forget it, this could take all night.)
ANYWAY
Love love LOVE my man. Swear.
So instead of complaining ( and make my sinus headache any worse) I would like to tell you about this ridiculous recipe I threw together last night....
Are you familiar with those yummy simple side salads served at Japanese and Thai restaurants?
I know you know what I mean... those gingery little salads that come in small bowls and cost like $3?
Well if not, then get ready. This simple salad is fabulous! And it's super flavorful and so easy to throw together! Perfect for a night when I don't want to cook ( like every night right now )...

Carrot Ginger Dressing
-vegan-
2 medium carrots, peeled, sliced
1/3 sweet onion ( I used Maui )
2.5 inches fresh ginger, sliced
3 Tbs soy sauce ( or nama shoyu if raw vegan )
1/3 cup water
1/4 rice wine vinegar ( or raw apple cider vinegar if raw vegan )
1 Tb raw agave syrup
3.5 Tbs veggie oil
1 tsp sea salt
lettuce like iceberg or romaine
minced hot red pepper ( I used Thai Dragon )
handful cilantro, chopped
1/4 cup chopped peanuts
Blend everything but lettuce, chilies, cilantro and peanuts in a blender until well combined. Pour dressing on lettuce. Top with cilantro chilies and peanuts.





YUM!

4 comments:

  1. I am so sorry to hear you are sick! Especially during good surf :-/ I hope you start feeling better soon. This dressing looks amazing! Definitely a must try for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds amazing. One of my favorite things at sushi restaurants is ginger dressing. I order extra on the side instead of that creamy sauce they bring out to dip the sushi in. I can't wait to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Feel Better soon! I have always wanted to make this dressing. - totally saving this recipe! Thanks girl! xoxo from Trinidad

    ReplyDelete