Friday, September 30, 2011

Aloha Friday ~ 30 Day Fitness Update

So here's to the end of another over the top busy week. I'll have this Saturday off and then it's back to work until next Friday....
Having a full work schedule and trying to fit in an hour of workouts a day has been pretty challenging but somehow I'm getting it done. Unfortunately, blogging, reading blogs, cooking, and doing "nothing" ( my favorite thing to do ) has taken a bit of a backseat but I'll manage. However, I should get into a "routine" starting in October with a more permanent work schedule. Looking forward to that!

Fitness Challenge
September 23: 45 minutes elliptical machine and 20 minutes of crunches and strength training
September 24: 60 minutes elliptical machine
September 25: 40 minutes elliptical machine and 20 minutes of crunches and strength training
September 26: 2 hours of downwind stand up paddling with co-worker. Headwinds were strong!! 1 hour of longboard surfing.
September 27: 1 hour vinyasa yoga
September 28: 45 minutes eliptical machine and 20 minutes of crunches and stretching
September 29: 50 minutes eliptical machine and 20 minutes of crunches and stretching

Again, the surf and wind conditions have not been ideal so I ended up spending a lot of time at the gym...However,  it looks like we should be getting some surf this coming week. Fingers crossed!

Before I go I just wanted to share with a you a quick yummy Fall inspired salad I've been making a lot this week! I've been trying to eat at least one big salad a day and this one has been my favorite so far!

All I did was throw together a sliced Bosc pear, candied walnuts, feta, and chopped dates with organic baby spinach. I then mixed together a dressing made with just aged balsamic, olive oil, maple syrup and sea salt.
So good!

Happy Aloha Friday everyone! See you next week!!


3 comments:

  1. You go with the 30 day fitness!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooo that salad looks wonderful!!! Your workouts are inspiring, I wish I had an ocean to kick my butt every once in awhile!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice work - I need to get my but in gear too!

    ReplyDelete