Monday, August 15, 2011

Raw Vegan Chocolate Pudding: Part II

Do you remember a few weeks back the delicious raw vegan chocolate pudding that I picked up from my local health food store? Well, ever since then, I've been wanting to come up with my own version so I could have it whenever I want!
Well guess what! I finally made one! And I think it's even better than the one I picked up from the deli case!
For my attempt, I decided to leave out the chia seeds so I could create a super smooth pudding. I also decided against adding any liquids and the result was much richer and creamier! Almost like a decadent mousse!
Check it out...
The secret ingredient: Avocados!
Don't worry.....it does NOT taste like chocolate guacamole! The avocados are an incredible neutral tasting replacement for milk. Such a perfect way to use up all these over ripe avocados this season!

Chocolate Pudding
-raw vegan-
2 very large avocados or 3 small, pitted and cubed
1/4 cup raw agave ( or raw honey if you are not worried about the "vegan" part )
3 Tbs raw cacao powder ( I love Navitas Naturals Cacao)
1 tsp vanilla extract
pinch of sea salt
Throw everything in food processor or blender and blend until very smooth. Check flavor, and add more agave or cacao if need be.


I think this would be fantastic with some raspberries or chopped strawberries on top.
Just sayin'

Aloha!

3 comments:

  1. I was thinking of making a choco-avo pudding but I wasn't sure how many servings it would make and long it would last.....does it get watery the next day at all?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This made us 2 servings....I'm not sure about the watery part because they didn't make it past dinner time haha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Omg this looks to DIE for - I must try it! I came across your blog by accdident; very glad I did. Hawaii looks beautiful - it is my dream to go there someday! xo

    ReplyDelete