Thursday, August 25, 2011

Raw Reese's "Peanut" Butter Cups

I'm about to change your life. Are you ready?

Raw Reese's "Peanut" Butter Cups
-raw vegan-
makes 9 candies
Adapted from the recipe on blog Gone Raw. However, I made some alterations to the original recipe.

1/2 cup raw cacao powder
3/4 cup raw virgin coconut oil
1/2 cup + 1 Tb raw agave syrup 
1/2 tsp sea salt
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup raw almond butter
1 pinch of sea salt

{ One of my favorite ingredients ever! }

{ Mix together cacao, oil, 1/2 cup agave, 1/2 tsp salt, and vanilla, until well blended. Then, add about 1.5 to 2 Tbs of the chocolate mixture to lined cupcake tins. Place in freezer for 2 minutes } 

{ In the meantime, mix together almond butter, 1 Tb of agave, and pinch of salt. Remove the chocolate from thee freezer and then place 1 tsp of almond butter mixture in the center of each candy. }

{ Next, Top almond butter with chocolate until covered. Place back in freezer for at least 5 minutes. }

Remove Reese's from tin and keep them in a zip lock bag in the freezer. These could melt fairly quickly at room temperate so eat up!

ENJOY and ALOHA! 

5 comments:

  1. OMG, kill me now! these look DELICIOUS! need to try this recipe asap :)

    xxx,

    Fashion Fractions

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE this recipe. I think I have almost all the ingredients. I just made a cake though so I suppose I need to eat that first. Recipe coming soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! That looks delicious! I'm going to have to try this out. I always love a good creative cupcake recipe. Aloha and how I wish I could be in Hawaii right now!!

    xoxo, Plums and Pearls
    http://www.plumsandpearls.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks so delicious - thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i've been wanting to make these for so long! i'm gonna try it this week. yours look amazing!

    ReplyDelete