Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Grilled Pineapple with Nutella and Mascapone

Well, I'm here to admit that Carlos and I caved at Costco this weekend and bought one of our "Banned" foods.
Can you guess which one?

Oh nevermind, I'll just tell you!

Nutella! Oh my gosh Nutella! This stuff is like crack! Did you know at Costco you can get TWO extra large jars of the stuff for the price of a friggin' latte! What were we thinking?

Well, I decided I wanted to do something with the second jar of Nutella before Carlos got to it ( I have no idea where the first one went. I have not seen it since Tuesday morning ?? ) Seriously.

 So here's my stab at a semi-healthy Nutella laced dessert..... 

Giada de Laurentiis's "Grilled Pineapple with Nutella" from her book "Everyday Italian".
Click here for the recipe!

{ Main ingredient: A ripe Maui Gold Pineapple! }
 I've been really into grilled fruit these days so this recipe was perfect!

{ Nutella is the base for the sauce that is drizzled over the grilled pineapple slices.}

{ Mascapone cheese for some extra decadence. }

{ Mixed with a bit of vanilla of course... }

{ Hazelnuts}

{ Pan roasted, peeled, and chopped for a crunchy topping }

{ Layer everything and that's basically it....easy peasy! }

Hope you give it a go! See you soon....
Aloha


5 comments:

  1. OMG nutella is banned in my household too! I can't control myself I even lick the jar how sad is that! Everytime I go to costco I look at them though lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! Seriously...it's almost gone! 2 huge tubs of it in half a week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too funny...that is one of my banned foods as well because I can't stop at one skimpy serving.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice post, love the photos!
    Bookmarked,
    see mine http://thepileofstyle.blogspot.com/
    you might like it :)

    ReplyDelete