Friday, August 26, 2011

Aloha Friday~Julia's Banana Bread

I had a random day off this week.
I already surfed, read a "Lucky" mag, and stalked sea turtles in Kahana so I wasn't really sure what to do with the rest of my afternoon?
Then I thought to myself, "This would be a perfect time to go searching for Julia's famous banana bread out in Kahakuloa!" Duh.
So I jumped in the car and headed east on highway 30.
I've heard about Julia's Banana Bread from a few sources and why it has taken me this long to make the 30 minute drive is just ridiculous. Not only is the wild drive beautiful but the quaint village of Kahakuloa is like stepping back in time.


{ Beautiful taro fields. }

{ This taro farmer just offered to take his shirt off for me....That was nice of him.}


{ Great Polynesian "Pole" house right on the water. }


{ Spotted! }

{ I mean really...Julia's Banana Bread stand is a tree house. How cute is that! }




{ Julia's view doesn't suck either. }


{ Loaves are $6 each or 2 for $10. I bought 2 ( obviously, with Carlos in the house and all ).  I waited until I got home before I dove in.
See that slice there? That was mine. Carlos ate the rest before I even finished this post. Seriously.
And the verdict?
O.M.G. Holy yummy! The bread was super rich and very moist. I highly recommend! I'm so happy I bought 2 now!
I'm thinking the only thing that could make this any better would be topping it with a smear of Nutella.

What?

HAPPY ALOHA FRIDAY EVERYONE!

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for stopping by my blog! Wow, that bread looks delicous! Nutella makes everthing better doesn't it? Your pictures are fabulous! xoxo from Trinidad

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you stopped by my blog - I am loving all these gorgeous pictures and and SO JEALOUS you've already been surfing. Though with the hurricane, i'm there there are some surf-able waves right now in the East coast.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy yummy? Love it! Your photos are amazing and now I'm wanting to try some of that bread yum!

    Now following :)

    Hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum I want some banana bread! Whenever I go to Maui I get some and now I really want some again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This was so good! I made it and felt like I could taste the islands! It is a dream of mine to go to Julia's shack someday, but for now I'm just going to keep making this banana bread :) Check out my loaf here: http://cannella-vita.blogspot.com/2013/03/julias-banana-bread.html#

    ReplyDelete