Thursday, August 4, 2011

Aloha Friday ~ Kauai

When I was about 10 years old I found a picture of Kauai's Na Pali Coast in an old Sunset Magazine. I thought it was the most beautiful place I had ever seen and I vowed I would eventually make it there. I ripped it out and carried it around in a little coin purse for many many years...
Gradually the crumpled photo made it into an adult wallet, went off to college in San Diego, moved with me to American Samoa, and eventually ended up on Maui in early 1999. Sadly soon after that, I lost it. Well, I actually lost my whole wallet but that image of hala and turquoise water was burned in my memory forever.
 I finally made it to Kauai in 2009 and the first thing I did was head out to Haena to look for my spot. Finally, after some rain and a few spills in the mud I found it ( photo above ). It just took a bit longer ( um just 23 years longer ) than I imagined.
{ Hanalei }

{ Blue }

{ North Swell }

{ The muddy trail. }

{ Ke'e beach with friends. }

{ Reef }

{ Eza and my sister, Erin }

{ Lumahai }

{ My dream house at Tunnels Beach. }

{ Carlos wearing my sister's fadora. }

{ Na Pali }

{ Sunset }

{ Peace }

Wish I could get back to Kauai for a few days. Maybe just a weekend?...Hopefully soon.
Happy Aloha Friday everyone. See you next week!

4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous photos.

    That really looks like heaven on earth.

    Lots of love from Sydney,

    x Kel

    playing an impostor

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow amazing such a gorgeous little spot in the world xx
    www.rawfashionmagaine.com

    ReplyDelete