Monday, July 4, 2011

How to dress like a local...

I'm obsessed with this blue dress that I found at Mahina back in April and I seem to find myself reaching for it at least once a week these days...
Anyway, I've been thinking it would be fun to feature some of my day to day outfits from time to time ( like what I wear on a typical day when I'm NOT in a bathing suit ). I like to take pictures of the clothes I discover for you all but I'm understanding that it's hard to imagine what they really look like if they are just hanging on my bedroom door! So please bear with me...I'm hardly a professional model ( haha! )
 Lucky for me I live in a place that only has one season. This means I can wear summer stuff like this all year round and I really like that....However, over time you will notice that I don't wear all that much Hawaiian/island style clothing out here. I think l'll leave that one for the tourists ( wink! ).

{ Dress: "Everly" from Mahina in Paia }

{ Raffia Clutch: Wings of Hawaii in Paia. Gold and Shell/Pearl bangles and earrings: "Hula Hoops" from Imrie, Nuage Bleu, Pink by Nature, and Hale Zen all located on Maui. Nail Polish: Essie E-Nuf is E-Nuf }

{ Canvas and Gold Wedges: "Bamboo" from Mahina in Lahaina }

{ Gold Sunglasses: Forever21 }

All photos shot by Carlos Barberis of Becfoto.

3 comments:

  1. I love it! What a cute dress and a cute idea. I have a white dress that I reach for.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How can anyone be so lucky to live in maui?? Great pictures!!! In your outfit, I loved the clutch !!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for stopping by my blog :) love the dress - it's absolutely gorgeous! We're currently in the middle of winter and you're making me so jealous that you can wear dresses!

    xoxo
    Taryn

    ReplyDelete