Monday, June 6, 2011

Yucatecan Street Corn

I just discovered a ridiculous new way to eat corn on the cob!
I has some sweet white Kula Corn on hand so I finally decided to give Heidi Swanson's, "Yucatecan Street Corn" a try...
Wow!
Why the hell have I waited this long to try this?! Insane!
I paired this with some veggie soft tacos for a simple week night dinner. This will definitely become a staple this summer!!
( Just a heads up, I modified the recipe a bit to make it really easy because I don't have an outdoor grill. )
 For Heidi's original recipe check out her awesome book, "Super Natural Cooking".
 "Yucatecan Street Corn"
-vegetarian-
Adapted from Heidi Swanson's, "Super Natural Cooking".
( serves 4 )
4 ears fresh corn husked removed and boiled until tender
3/4 cup crema or sour cream
1/2 cup cotija or feta cheese
2 limes halved
2 Tbs chili powder
fine-grain sea salt
Slather crema or sour cream on cooked corn cobs, sprinkle with cheese, squeeze on lime juice, and then dash with chili powder and sea salt.
OMG!
Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment