Friday, June 24, 2011

Penne with Goat Cheese, Fresh Peas, and Mint

I've been indulging in a few non-vegan meals the last couple days. I figured I little goat cheese wasn't going to kill me!
I have mint taking over my little garden at the moment and nothing compliments mint like a bag of organic peas. I threw this simple lunch together in minutes....Love that.

Penne with Goat Cheese, Fresh Peas, and Mint
-vegetarian-
12 oz dried penne
reserve 1/4 cup of the salted cooking water
4-5 oz fresh goat cheese
1.5 cups peas ( fresh or frozen )
1/3 cup chopped mint
1 Tb lemon juice
1 tsp lemon zest
salt/pepper

Cook pasta and in the last minute of cooking add peas to the boiling water. Drain pasta/peas and then crumble in goat cheese. Stir until goat cheese is incorporated and then add extra pasta water if it seems a little dry ( I did ). Next, add mint, lemon juice and zest. Add some salt and pepper to taste. Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. This is fabulous. Why do I have such a mind block when it comes to just throwing something like this together at the last minute?

    ReplyDelete