Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Baingan Bharta

I really need to start making Indian food more often....
I know I say that everytime I have it but it's true.
I just love meals that center around doughy breads or fragrant rices, meals that consist of several bowls of dips or spreads, and dishes that are full of exotic spices and heat.
Vegetarian Indian food fits this need perfectly!
Enter: Baingan Bharta
I found a recipe for this dish via the blog Eat, Live, Run and this just might happen to be my new favorite way to cook an eggplant. Wow! So decadent! And amazingly made without a hint of cream or butter. Click here for Jenna's recipe. My only additions were about 1 tsp of agave syrup and a small habenero pepper in place of the jalapeno ( FYI-my dish came out very spicy ). I paired this with some warm chewy naan bread and another creamy, coconut/chickpea/mushroom/bok choy dish that I will post another time.






Do yourself a favor and make this tonight!
Aloha

1 comment:

  1. I am so in love with eggplant right now. I can't seem to get enough. I'll have to make this next time I pick one up.

    Thank you so much for sharing your comment at my site. I think I lost your email address somehow but don't give up trying! I lost my first one at 8 months and then had two miscarriages over three years and then had a healthy, perfect little girl, so I swear it can happen!
    Dawn
    www.floridacoastalcooking.com

    ReplyDelete