Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Kula

I moved to Maui on February 9th 1999 and my first stop was chilly Kula.
 All I remember is how refreshing and crisp the winter air felt in Kula after my hot and muggy time in Pago Pago, American Samoa.
I only spent a few nights there with my "hanai" Auntie so I could get myself situated before making my permanent move to Maui's balmy West Side.
Anyway
Yesterday my mom and I had lunch at the Kula Lodge ( right across the street from my Auntie's old house ). Everything looked exactly the same as it did in 1999 but as an extra treat the lodge's garden was in full spring bloom ...
Enjoy!

My beautiful "Anuenue Salad" made with Waipoli greens, roasted beets, carrot, fennel, walnuts, capers, feta, grape tomatoes, and English cucumber.






















Aloha.....

3 comments:

  1. Wow! Killer pics... Between this post and the last, I think I've seen more color than I have in the last month. In the immortal words of Liz Lemmon: I want to go to be to there. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! These photos are so pretty! I love them. Clearly I need to get up to Kula the next time I am out there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the photo of the cactus. Gorgeous as usual.

    ReplyDelete