Friday, May 13, 2011

Fruit Bowls

This is such an easy way to get a lot of yummy fruit into your daily routine!
I love "Fruit Bowls" when I'm craving something a little more substantial for breakfast than a green juice. They also make a perfect lunch on those hot and humid days when the last thing you want to do is cook anything.
 This idea came from the ever popular "Acai Bowls" that you can get at many health food bars these days but why limit yourself to acai?
The trick is to use frozen fruit and to incorporate as little liquid as possible so the consistency is like soft serve ice cream. Lately I've been doing a lot of frozen banana, blueberry, and blackberry combos with a little coconut water as a liquid. I then top it with some yummy granola, chia seeds, and sometimes sliced fresh bananas. I use a Vita-Mix high speed blender for these but I'm sure a regular blender would work just fine.
Enjoy and happy Aloha Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment