Saturday, May 7, 2011

Fresh Pea Hummus

I always have a Costco size bag of organic peas in the freezer ! I love them in all sorts of dishes like wontons, pastas, curries, and soups. What a versatile legume! 
I was at Mala Ocean Tavern this week and I've always obsessed over their fantastic edamame dip. I started thinking could I make this dip out of peas?
Well, "Whole Living" magazine must have heard me calling for out of nowhere they featured this delicious looking recipe for "Fresh Pea Hummus"
Wow! This stuff turned out perfectly!
Enjoy...

Fresh Pea Hummus
-vegan-
-adapted from "Whole Living" magazine-
1 cup of shelled peas cooked in boiling salted water for about 2 minutes until tender. Drain and rinse with cold water.
In a food processor, pulse peas with...
1/4 cup fresh cilantro
2 Tbsp tahini ( note: I only used 1 Tb )
2 Tbs fresh lemon juice
1 small clove of minced garlic
1/8 tsp cumin
pinch of salt
I also added about 1 Tb fresh mint to the recipe.
Process until smooth.
Yum!

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE making hummus out of all sorts of things...the combination of peas and mint had to be amazing in this!

    ReplyDelete