Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Vegan Chocolate Milkshake

Alright here it is....
My famous Vegan Chocolate Milkshake.
I've tweaked it a bit over the last few months but I think I've finally nailed the perfect chocolate shake.
I don't usually measure out my ingredients but I did this time so I could make an accurate recipe for y'all.
I'm warning you now... you may never want an ice cream laden shake ever again after this.

 Chocolate Milkshake
-vegan-
2 frozen standard bananas ( this is one of those times I shy away from our local tart "apple banana" and buy commerical bananas at the grocery store )
1 cup vanilla almond milk
2 Tbs cocao powder ( I use a raw version from Nativas )
1/2 tsp vanilla paste or 1/2 vanilla extract ( but I vote for the paste )
1 Tb raw blue agave
 1.5 tsp lecithin granules ( very important emulsifier )
1 Tb creamy peanut butter ( you could use almond butter but it's really not the same )
pinch of salt
Blend everything in a blender until super creamy.
Note: I use a high speed Vita-Mix 5200. I believe that this might help with the extreme creaminess of this shake. I've never made this in a standard blender so if you have good results with one let me know.



{ lecithin granules}


Ridiculous.


5 comments:

  1. Thats looks amazing! Bananas are out of my diet for now but when they're back, look out chocolate milkshake! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing! I never thought of adding a pinch of salt! or vanilla! Thanks for the tips!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am going to try making this soon!

    ReplyDelete