Saturday, March 5, 2011

Spicy Kale Chips

I know I know!
These are hardly "original" anymore but I just love them....
I like my Kale Chips spicy and a little bit cheesy....How about you?
Pre-heat oven to 375
Tear 1lb organic kale from it's woody stem and rip it into "chip" size pieces.  
Place kale on an oiled cookie sheet.
Then, spray with cooking spray or drizzle with olive oil and add desired toppings...
So what toppings do I like?
Pink Murray River Salt from Australia

Crushed Red Chili Peppers from Whole Foods Market

And a couple of tablespoons of grated Pecorino Romano cheese...
Now just bake for 10-12 minutes ( or until light and crispy.)
Pretty easy huh? And soooooo much better for you than commercial potato chips!
Enjoy and Aloha!

2 comments:

  1. I just made kale chips today with curly kale....my first try. They were good but going forward I will season after I bake rather than before to decrease the sodium content.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE kale chips too! I made them for the first time about a month ago and I am addicted.

    ReplyDelete