Sunday, February 27, 2011

Naan Bread Panini

Wow!
This was incredible!
I use Indian naan bread for just about everything these days but I never thought of making a panini sandwich with it? How strange!
All I did was take some basic ingredients that I always seem to have around like goat cheese, Olowalu tomatoes, Kalamata olives, red onions, and fresh basil and throw them on top of a naan.
I then sprinkled on some red chili flakes and sea salt and placed it on a hot oiled skillet with a weight on top.
( I used a cast iron panini press but you can make a great weight by taking a regular brick and wrapping it with tin foil. )
 After about 3 minutes I flipped it over and browned the other half. How simple....
The goat cheese melts throughout and makes everything deliciously creamy. I think pesto or sun-dried tomatoes would make an excellent addition as well....See what you think :)
Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. This looks so good, I love goat cheese! I also love anything made in panini form...anything! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't made a panini yet but I have made naan pizza on the grill and it's amazing. This looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete