Sunday, February 20, 2011

Green Juice

Green Juice
This stuff is amazing.
Why?
It cured my coffee addiction.
It's FULL of vitamins.
It's a perfect way to pack in a ton of dark leafy greens in one sitting.
It taste good. ( yes, it really does )
I try to have some variation of this stuff every single morning.
Here's my favorite recipe...
1/2 lb of organic Dino Kale
2 cucumbers ( peeled if not organic )
2 sweet organic apples like Gala or Fuji
a handful of local cilantro or mint
1/2 of a lemon ( this cuts out the "green" taste )
And here's another recipe....
Carlos discovered an incredible juice at a health food store in Bondi Beach called "The Gents". We modified it a bit by adding fresh spinach. It's incredible.
2 organic pears
2 organic Granny Smith apples
handful of local mint
2 cups of fresh organic spinach
Not into green stuff? Try this blend...
1 small organic red beet
3 peeled oranges
1" peeled fresh local ginger
4 organic carrots
I use a Breville Juicer and it's awesome. It cleans up fast and looks pretty on my kitchen counter. Besides my Vita-Mixer 5200 it's one of my most used appliances.
Enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. Definately need to give this a try - yum! Love your blog, it feels like summertime everytime I read it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was looking for a good green juice recipe, so thanks for posting this! I love my Breville and Vitamix too. Do you blend the kale and spinach once you've juiced everything else in the blender?

    ReplyDelete