Monday, February 7, 2011

Chocolate Chip Banana Bread

Sometimes I need a little chocolate....and sugar.
Ohhhh...and maybe a little bit of butter too!
What can I say...I'm a hungry girl.

By the way...this turned out really really good and perfect comfort food for a balmy Hawaiian morning.
Enjoy!
Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
-vegetarian-
{adapted from Martha Stewart}
 pre-heat oven at 350
pan size: 9x5x3 inch ( grease with butter )
1/2 cup ( 1 stick ) butter and a bit more to grease the pan - I used salted organic sweet cream butter
1 cup granulated sugar
2 large organic eggs
1/2 cup of 2% fat Greek yogurt - I used Fage
1 cup mashed ripe bananas - I used local "apple" bananas from Hana
1 tsp organic vanilla
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp kosher salt
1 and 1/2 cups organic unbleached flour
1/3 cup chopped walnuts
1/3 cup mini chocolate chips
Beat butter and sugar with an electric mixer in a large bowl until creamy. Add eggs and beat until whipped. In a med bowl whisk together flour, salt, and baking soda then add this to butter/sugar mix until incorporated. Then add mashed bananas, yogurt, vanilla, chocolate, and walnuts. Mix just until everything is blended. Don't over mix.
Bake for about 50 minutes to an hour. Cool on rack before removing from pan. 

Now, just try not to eat the whole thing in one sitting.
But I won't judge if you do.....
{ beat }
{ whisk }
{ blend }
{ yey!}
{ pour }
{ cool }
{ eat! }


4 comments:

  1. Wow, this sounds absolutely delicious and easy -- two criteria for cooking anything!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this looks perfect! i've been following your blog for a couple weeks now-- i love your food photography. i always have trouble getting my banana bread to cook all the way through without the top being overdone.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh if you were only my neighbor I would come steal me some of that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh mercy, this looks yummy! loving your blog too! better get out my loaf pan!

    ReplyDelete