Friday, January 14, 2011

Vegan Mixed Berry Smoothie

Nothing against Kale Lemonaid but sometimes I crave something a little bit more colorful in the morning....
This was a treat.
Mixed Berry Smoothie
vegan
1 cup sliced frozen bananas
1 cup frozen berries
1 cup vanilla almond milk
1/2 tsp vanilla paste
1 packet of Stevia
1 tsp of lecithin granules
Mix in a high speed blender until very smooth. This tastes like it contains yogurt or ice cream thanks to the addition of lecithin and almond milk. Yum!
It was a long wet week out here in Hawaii.....Lots of days filled with flood inducing rain and nights filled with thunder claps and lighting flashes. It was cool. I think Taj would disagree though. Poor kitty.
I'm off work today and tomorrow and the sun has returned so I'm off to the beach....
Aloha!



5 comments:

  1. Hey Amanda, that smoothie looks right up my alley. I've had lecithin in my cupboard for over a year now (unopened and am dying to try something with it). Thanks for the inspiration.

    Sorry to hear about all the rain you are also receiving. It's crazy isn't it.

    But your post does remind me of Jack Johnson's song, Banana Pancakes. Do you know it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I have heard it. Love that song :-)
    The rain has let up a bit here but should return tomorrow......We actually really need it. It was very dry last winter.
    Hope all is well in Brisbane and the rains are letting up.... I know it's been a tough time down there. Much aloha, A

    ReplyDelete
  3. STILL NEED TO INVEST IN...
    vanilla pastE
    Stevia
    lecithin granules
    ON MY LIST!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just got some lecithin and it has changed my smoothie life!haha. Thanks for the tip!! I used seltzer water instead of almond milk and it was so refreshing! Try it on a hot day! delish!

    ReplyDelete