Tuesday, January 11, 2011

New Year Noodle Soup

Wow!
Let me just start by saying this.....
Heidi Swanson from 101 Cookbooks found another great one! Oh my!
 I really couldn't resist this interesting recipe much longer.... Who would ever think to combine flavors like turmeric, walnuts, lime juice, dill, caramelized onions, and sour cream??? Sounds so different right? Well, I figured what the hell and gave it a go and I'm so glad I did because it was delicious!!
Perfect for cold rainy/snowy weather I would think? I heard that it's still winter out there somewhere north of me. So give it a try!!
Anyway,
Click for recipe
Also,
Sorry for my laziness lately with posting. It seems my days have just been work, work, work with a short surf here and there so not too many exciting Maui related things to talk about....
So far I've been really sticking to my New Years goals. Wine was easy to give up. However my allergy meds and Excedrin....not so much. The good news is my PH levels are more alkaline than they were 2 weeks ago so it looks like I'm making some progress. That's all that really matters right?

Oh! And one more random thing.....
Want to know the quickest way to dirty a fresh load of white laundry?
Invite this guy over.
Why why why does he always have to do this to me!?
Aloha!

6 comments:

  1. I feel your pain with the laundry....with a chocolate and white lab pretty much any color gets dirty! The soup really does sound like an interesting mix of flavors but I swear those are the ones that come out the best.
    And don't feel bad about not posting. With my sister-in-laws wedding this weekend I have a strange feeling I'll be falling behind too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Peroni always jumps on top of our clean laundry! It's like he is a magnet!
    And I agree with Dawn...posting is fun...not a requirement! :)I have been without wine now for about 10 days. I feel great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so amazing. I'm so glad I found your blog.

    Firstly, the food looks, and sounds, great! I might have to try something similar.

    Also, how is it living in Hawaii? My boyfriend has been begging me to move their for the past 6 months (We live on the east coast of the USA)

    What are the pros and cons?
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sofi! Thank you for your comment.....
    Living in Hawaii?
    Cons-$$$, lack of jobs, island fever ( not a problem for me ), far from family ( I'm use to this now after 12 yrs )
    Pros-Everything. It's paradise 'nuff said......I wouldn't give it up for anything ( except to moving to Australia someday )
    Aloha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh that does look good. will have to try that!

    ReplyDelete