Sunday, December 26, 2010

Vegetarian Tortilla Soup

Wondering what I made for Christmas dinner this year???
It's always been some what of a tradition of mine to make something inspired by the Southwest or Mexico on either Christmas Eve or Christmas. I'm not sure why? Maybe it's because this type of cuisine usually contains the vibrant colors of the holiday season ( or maybe it's just because I'm from California? Dunno?)
Anyway
I thought about it for awhile and decided I wanted a rich and spicy Tortilla Soup!
So while Carlos was busy performing surgery on our surfboard quiver......
I was drinking wine and googling "Vegetarian Tortilla Soup" until I came across Heidi Swanson's ( 101 Cookbooks ) version and I had to look no further.... {Click HERE for recipe}.
This was amazing! I followed the recipe to a T but I added about 1/4 cup of goat cheese to the blender as suggested. I also used vegetable broth instead of water.
We LOVED this!
And guess what? It was even better for lunch today!
Oh yum!!

We spent the rest of Christmas night watching Taj play with all of his presents.
Until we all passed out from exhaustion :-)
Hope you all had a good one too!
Aloha!

2 comments:

  1. I tried the Vegetarian Tortilla Soup and I did do half veg broth and half water... it turned out really watered down... I even added the goat cheese. hummm... frusterating. I was distracted. Maybe I miscounted the cups of water. oh well. I will try again. As always I love your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used veggie broth made from vegan boullion cubes ( 1 cube per 2 cups of water ) that I get from the health food store. They add a ton of flavor so I would recommend that. Good luck:-) IT's really really good!

    ReplyDelete